Hotel-Spider is a Software-as-a-Service solution designed for the hospitality market. Through an unique entry point into the world of online distribution, hoteliers (Hotels, Appartments, Bed-n-Breakfasts, etc..) can manage all there is to being a 21st century hospitality provider. Proper distribution of inventories, rates and stay restrictions being the basics of a successfull online strategy, Hotel-Spider offers multiple solutions for:
- SpiderXML: Third party software providers to push inventory, rates and stay restrictions to Hotel-Spider and to pull/receive reservations/modifications/cancellations/communications from Hotel-Spider. Examples of third party providers that might potentially be interested by this solution are:
- Property Management Systems
- Revenue Management Systems
- Channel-Managers seeking to extend the number of channels they wish to offer.
- Web-Booking Engines seeking to extend the services offered to their customers.
- Central Reservation Systems seeking to extend the services offered to their customers.
- SpiderConnect: Third party software providers to receive inventory, rates and stay restrictions from Hotel-Spider via PUSH notification and to return reservations/modifications/cancellations to Hotel-Spider via PULL or via PUSH notification. Examples of third party providers that might potentially be interested by this solution are:
- Online Travel Agencies with their own backoffice for managing inventory, rates and stay restrictions.
- SpiderCRS / SpiderWBE: Third party software providers to query for property descriptive information, to query for the property's available offers and the book/amend/cancel a reservation. Examples of third party providers that might potentially be interested by this solution are:
- Web-Agencies seeking to offer a fully integrated web-booking experience.
- New online hotel booking portals that wish to sell hotels but do not wish to cope with all the complexity of the hospitality market.
- An online hotel portal seeking to gain access to additional properties.
Depending on the manner a third party wishes to integrate with Hotel-Spider one or several XML interfaces are available. All our interfaces have been developped according to the internationally recognised protocols OTA (Open Travel Alliance: http://www.opentravel.org) and HTNG (Hotel Technology Next Generation: http://www.htng.org). An extensive implementation of both protocols should allow the vast majority of third party software providers to re-use previous developments against the same standards.
Throughout the different chapters that will follow the different implementations of the protocols will be explained.